While first aid kits are widely available, some people prefer to create their own kits and customize the first aid supplies they keep stocked.
Necessary First Aid Supplies
If you choose to create a survival medical kit on your own, there are certain standard supplies every kit needs in order to be effective.
Bandages: Bandages & dressings can be used to stop bleeding and help protect wounds from infections:
- Adhesive Bandages, assorted sizes
- Adhesive Tape
- Gauze Pads, assorted sizes
- Gauze Rolls
- Roll of Cotton or Cotton Balls
- Duct Tape (can be used in an extreme emergency to safely close an open wound)
Medication: For cuts, pain & allergies, your survival first aid kit should also be stocked with medication:
- Ibuprofen, or another pain reliever
- Antihistamine (i.e. Benadryl)
- Antiseptic Solution (i.e. Hydrogen Peroxide)
- Antibiotic Ointment (i.e. Neosporin)
- Eye drops or Eyewashv
- Hydrocortisone Cream
- Anti-diarrhea, Anti-nausea & Antacids
- Backup Supply of Prescription Medications
Equipment & Other Supplies: Your survival medical kit should also include versatile and useful items such as:
- Disposable Gloves
- An Emergency Blanket
- Hand Sanitizer
- A Flashlight, and extra batteries
- Basic First Aid Instructions
- List of Emergency Numbers
When putting together your first survival medical kit or searching for survival kits for sale, remember there is no one right kit for everyone. Prepackaged survival first aid kits are easy to buy, but may not be complete. Many people choose to purchase stocked survival kits simply to use as a foundation for creating their own complete, customized kit.
Once you have a survival first aid kit put together, remember that it’s only going to be useful if you know how to use it. First aid courses are a great way to learn CPR and other survival basics, and first aid manuals or instructions can be useful reminders during an emergency. You should store your kit in a place that is easily accessible (for adults) and occasionally re-check to make sure it’s still stocked, that medications haven’t expired and that your batteries still work.
Whether you’re searching for a first aid kit to get started or you’re in need of additional first aid supplies, SOS Survival Products is proud to provide both survival kits and survival supplies for sale. Have a question? Give us a call! We’re happy to answer questions about any and all of our survival products.